Computer Ignorant

Ask questions about the site and play with your account here.
Terry B
Class G

Computer Ignorant

Post by Terry B »

Stupid is Genetic

Ignorance can be Cured (I pray that is true...for my sake)

Hopefully someone can help me resolve a slight issue. When I look at the different forums (the one that comes to mind is the sections on different RV models / construction questions) I can see all thwe post in the window on some of them, but on others it takes teh entire page and I have to scroll right then back to the left to read each line. It is not on all the forums, just some of them.

I am looking at teh RV 8 section and only the newest post is that way (geting started), the next post is completely contained in the window (no scroll bar under the post)

Im using windows 98 and Internet explorer.

Ill try to log on using opera after posting here and see if I have the same issue.

Thanks

Terry B

Yeppers...same issue on opera.

Hope this makes sence

JohnR
Class B

Post by JohnR »

Terry,

Not a problem with your computer. The image in the second post in that thread is just wider than the resolution on your monitor. In this case the image is 1024 X 768 pixels. Your monitor is probably running at 800 x 600 so there is about 424 pixels more in the image than can be displayed so the bottom scroll bar appears.

It can be annoying when it happens as it makes things harder to read but it is not a problem with your computer. I have my resolution running at 1280 x 1024 and still have this problem once in a while.

Hope this helps!
JohnR
RV-7A - Fuselage - SOLD, just not supposed to be
Numbers 6:24 - The LORD bless thee, and keep thee

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

I should be more convicted about monitoring for such things guys. Sorry about that. I should be turning those pictures into links to make sure that they don't wreck the pages when people post them.

-- John
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

JohnR
Class B

Post by JohnR »

Spike, sometimes the large photos are rather handy so you can see the detail. I prefer to see the scroll bar occasionally to having a link myself. Now if it was every post that would be a different story.
JohnR
RV-7A - Fuselage - SOLD, just not supposed to be
Numbers 6:24 - The LORD bless thee, and keep thee