This is STOOPID!

Ask questions about the site and play with your account here.
captain_john
Sparky

This is STOOPID!

Post by captain_john »

Spike, I guts to say... the name for this forum just isn't working.

I had 2 people tell me that they missed the RV of the Month post because the name of this forum just doesn't describe the content of this forum.

They think it is about navigating and fuel planning. Flight planning is a MISNOMER!

They are too bashful and won't post their opinion up on the web... but I am not!

Call it something else!

Maybe "Events" or something?

:wtf: CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

Wicked Stick
Class B

Post by Wicked Stick »

CJ's got a point... The planning stuff could go with Flight Tales quite easily. I like "EVENTS" or even Events and Gatherings... either way, I agree with CJ.
Dave "WS" Rogers
RV-8 (125 hrs & counting)
N173DR

papakeith
Class D

Post by papakeith »

I don't have any real preference, but I did commit aviation yesterday :)
-------
RB's #1 heretic
www.bearhawk949.com

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

John, just to make sure that I understand, you are saying that the title
Flight Planning
A place to plan flights and regional gatherings.
is "STOOOOPID" and a "MISNOMER" because what you are using it for is not some form of regional gathering? Seems to me that it is.

However, I can give some merit to your underlying point that the purpose of the forum could be more apparent. I will work on the wording.

Quite frankly though, I am not always in the mood to hear that something that takes a fair amount of my time and resources is, as you say, "STOOPID". Something along the lines of "Hey Spike, can we re-work the title to the flight planning forum? Some of the local guys were a little confused as to its purpose." might give you a bit more credibility towards your goal.

It is interesting that this thread is neither about planning a flight or a regional gathering and yet you placed it in Flight Planning rather than the support forum. :headscratch: Ironic considering the complaint being raised don't ya think?

Spike
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

This is amusing... :mrgreen:

I think the basis of what one thinks of when seeing 'Flight Planning' is purely personal, and everyone's thoughts will vary.

I have no problem with the title of that particular forum because of what this place is. It's a forum...there has never been anything in the forum section of this site that points to navigation planning or fuel planning...the Builder Resources section has plenty of that, and to do that, one leaves the forums.

Maybe it's just me (and I'm not trying to argue CJ...or kiss Spike's arse), but I've always viewed the 'Flight Planning' forum as a place to check on places and events to fly to. :dunno:

:wink: 8)
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Spike wrote:John, just to make sure that I understand, you are saying that the title
Flight Planning
A place to plan flights and regional gatherings.
is "STOOOOPID" and a "MISNOMER" because what you are using it for is not some form of regional gathering? Seems to me that it is.

However, I can give some merit to your underlying point that the purpose of the forum could be more apparent. I will work on the wording.

Quite frankly though, I am not always in the mood to hear that something that takes a fair amount of my time and resources is, as you say, "STOOPID". Something along the lines of "Hey Spike, can we re-work the title to the flight planning forum? Some of the local guys were a little confused as to its purpose." might give you a bit more credibility towards your goal.

It is interesting that this thread is neither about planning a flight or a regional gathering and yet you placed it in Flight Planning rather than the support forum. :headscratch: Ironic considering the complaint being raised don't ya think?

Spike
You understand me correctly. No one reads subtitles and it is totally apparent when people tell me they missed the thread because it was in an area that they did not expect it to be.

When I SUGGESTED this folder be created, I proposed it to be named in the manner that I just "re-suggested".

Now this thread really doesn't make much sense because it was moved to site support, lending no credence to exactly *what* is stoopid. It is obvious that I placed it in the Flight Planning folder because I was referring to THAT!

Sooooo, anyways... now that I have your attention, perhaps renaming it and using the title to explain it instead of the subtitle?

I contribute a fair amount to this forum because it is more of a personal community. I think that I can be frank with you and I do expect that you will be frank with me as well. I don't purport to be something that I am not.

Let me know how I can help.

:wink: CJ
RV-7

weezbad
Class C

Post by weezbad »

flight planning,,,i thought it was a planner for winds fuel distance and such.
not that it matters but thats why i never looked at it because i dont plan flights. never read the sub print. so i guess thats my mistake, but captain johns complaint is valid.. a bit harsh i suppose, but that to me is what is good about this place. not overloaded with a bunch of play nice. i feel a better use for stooopid is when you resort to letting your plane have a screen name :roll:(youve got to be fn kidding me) and it writing and responding to you and others.
william....don't let it beat you down, you are stronger than you think.

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Willie, Thanks for your support.

Harsh, yah... I can come across that way at times.

I am sometimes overly direct from time to time.

...no beating around the bush.

Sorry, I am just a real person.

:roll: CJ
RV-7

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Much better!

Thanks!

:wink: CJ
RV-7

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

NP

Spike
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl