A really inspiring flight

A place to share flight experiences of any kind. Looking forward to our first "first flight" post.
captain_john
Sparky

A really inspiring flight

Post by captain_john »

Today my wife and I took Arrow N3021R from Plymouth, MA to Lewiston/Auburn, ME (I call it LA-X!) I had to be-bop around the Presidential TFRs and some clouds, but the tools at hand were plentiful.

The Arrow is equipped with a nice Apollo avionics suite including an MFD! The MFD has weather, plates and runway diagrams... of course! ATC was cooperative and I didn't get shot at by any fighter planes! Good thing too, I left all my munitions at Plymouth!

:lol:

We had a nice trip around the TFR area, but being on a flight plan we could have gone within the 30NM ring. I chose not to and have a buffer for good measure. Besides, I came to fly.

When we landed at LA-X, my buddy John was waiting for us on the ramp. He is a Major in the Army and on leave from his staion in Kosovo. He was talking to Ernie Horand and checking out his RV-6! Ernie had it painted at Glo-Custom down in Texas and lives in Maine. He had just taken his daughter for her first ride in the plane!

He was just closing up the hangar when I caught up with him and I gave him my contact info and told him about the cookouts I do at my hangar. Ernie said that he would come down and hang around on occasion! That is cool...

We had a GREAT lunch at a local Italian place, hung around a chatted a bit and departed after the TFRs became extinct. From engine start to shutdown, the return trip was EXACTLY 60 minutes!

That Arrow is AWESOME! I really enjoy flying it and can't wait for the RV to get done. Well, maybe I can. I do enjoy working on it too.

Keep on BANGIN'!

8) CJ
Last edited by captain_john on Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

aparchment
Class C

In my neck of the woods!

Post by aparchment »

Hey Johny:

You guys are in my neck of the woods, sort of. Let me know if you will have a chance to stop in for a bite to eat.

Antony

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Great John.

I just landed myself from a couple hour jaunt through the land. The visibility on the east coast the past few days has just been fantastic. It doesn't seem to have been this good in years. Hopefully it will stay around for a while.

John
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

papakeith
Class D

Post by papakeith »

sounds like a nice jaunt John. As luck would have it I found myself up in the skies this afternoon too. Just flying the pattern, but I was flying.
-------
RB's #1 heretic
www.bearhawk949.com

Womack2005
Class D

Post by Womack2005 »

Its good to see that some of us have been getting in some good flights lately :mrgreen:

I flew over to Michigan this weekend again to see my Mom and Dad (KFPK) in Archer 2283Q. I always take the same route (ATW, LDM, FPK).

The visibility was incredible. Usually when I cross the lake, I can't see one shoreline from the other. This trip was different. As I went feet wet over Manitowoc at 9,500 ft, I could clearly see Ludington on the other side. Very cool.
Will
7A 72452 Wings
\_____@(")@_____/

tmbg
Class C

Post by tmbg »

summer in Atlanta is the worst. thunderstorms at 3pm every day, like clockwork. Last two days have been nice and cool, but only because it's 800' overcast.

I sure hope the weather's good enough for little ol' non-IR me to make it to oshkosh! :(
Ian
RV-7 SB, chugging toward final assembly
IO-360-C1C 200hp obtained.
Hartzell BA prop received.
James Cowl ordered.
N773WW reserved!