Only took me nine months!! ;o)

A place to share flight experiences of any kind. Looking forward to our first "first flight" post.
Bob Barrett
Class C

Post by Bob Barrett »

Congratulations Chad! What a wonderful experience to finally be able to fly with your wife! You should be able to plan a lot of exciting trips in your airplane. Don't waste to many opportunities you never know when thing could change. I hope you have some really fun trips to places you have both dreamed about flying to. :) :) :)

hydroguy2
Class B

Post by hydroguy2 »

Congrats on the milestone Chad. I was working hard to pass you, I only took 4.5months.

Finished up tonight, wife gets a ride to college(8u8-hln-mso) tomorrow and it's also my 50th birthday. woohoo, life is good
Brian
Townsend, MT

Joe Parish
Class D

Post by Joe Parish »

Congrats on finishing phase one Brian and Happy Birthday!

I had to go back to Chad's build log to check the date of his first flight. I could not believe it was nine months from first flight to finishing phase one. That seems like a long time. I realize it was a pretty brutal winter. I can only dream of getting to that point someday! :mrgreen:
Joe
N525XC reserved
Empennage done
wings done
Fuse in progress
RV-9A

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

hydroguy2 wrote:Congrats on the milestone Chad. I was working hard to pass you, I only took 4.5months.

Finished up tonight, wife gets a ride to college(8u8-hln-mso) tomorrow and it's also my 50th birthday. woohoo, life is good
Awesome Brian!!! Give us a post-flight report! 8) 8)
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

Joe Parish wrote:I had to go back to Chad's build log to check the date of his first flight. I could not believe it was nine months from first flight to finishing phase one. That seems like a long time. I realize it was a pretty brutal winter. I can only dream of getting to that point someday! :mrgreen:
It was a long time...tank repair took several weeks, annual in late December/early January, and time/weather/money working out at once was a big challenge. But I made it! And so will you! 8)
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

Bob Barrett
Class C

Post by Bob Barrett »

Congratulations Brian on completing your 40 hours. I hope the weather in Montana permits you to celebrate your birthday by giving your wife a ride to college today! How I wish I had a medical so I could give my wife a ride in my RV! It is my biggest regret about not having a medical! I am still thankfull to the Good Lord that I was able to finish my airplane and have a good friend who flies it with me in it! There are certainly worse things in life than not being able to fly! I am also thankfull to the Good Lord that my Wife, and our children, grandchildren are in good health! My friend has given most of them a ride and hopefully in the next month or two we can give the rest of them a ride in my RV! Again Congratulations Brian have a safe flight! We have wet snow falling here today!

dons
Class C

Post by dons »

Way to go Brian, another phase one done! Hope today works out for that flight, it would be a good birthday present all around.
Don Sinclair
CYKF
RV-7A (Fuselage)

hydroguy2
Class B

Post by hydroguy2 »

flying with your special someone is a real treat.
Brian
Townsend, MT