screw ID

A forum in which to discuss topics that are not specific to a particular series of aircraft (ie. how to cut alclad)
hydroguy2
Class B

screw ID

Post by hydroguy2 »

OK where does this go? actually I have 2 of them.

1/4-20 shoulder cap screw. I can't find where I missed it in the drawings. I have 2 installed on the main gear/brakes. But found these leftovers in my stuff and hoping I didn't use some wrong #4's somewhere else.

Moving lots of stuff to the airport and finding little tidbits and also NOT finding somethings....where's my taillight/strobe?..I just had it 2 weeks ago.

Also the 78yr old hangar neighbor made his first flight in his "C" model Ercoupe. 10yr rebuild finally completed, he'll be selling his Bonanza and exercising Sport Pilot priviledges
Brian
Townsend, MT

Brantel
Class B

Post by Brantel »

I think they send you an extra set of those. Like one set in the fuse kit and another set in the finish kit or something like that...

I think I ended up with an extra set as well. Seems I remember that they were used to hold the bracket for the brakes and wheelpants???
Brantel (Brian Chesteen),
RV12-IS, #121606, N912BC - Building Now!
RV10, #41942, N????? - Project Sold
RV-7/TU, #72823, N159SB - SOLD

hydroguy2
Class B

Post by hydroguy2 »

Thanks Brian. That's what I was thinking, but was kind of afraid I missed something important. Seems like I have a lot of leftover hardware.
Brian
Townsend, MT