Christmas!

A place to discuss workshops and the use and desirability of tools.
tshort
Class C

Christmas!

Post by tshort »

Well, that's what today was like when I came home to find a box from the Yardstore on my front porch! It was small but heavy - sure doesn't look like what it cost!
Now I have a ton of questions for all you experts out there...

I got a Buckeye 1/4" drill, 3200rpm - the Sioux that most kits have is 3600rpm - is this a problem?

Do you guys have a separate regulator besides the one on your compressor? When I set the reg on my compressor to 90psi, the pressure drops significantly when I run the drill.

Anyone have the Avery adjustable squeezer set? Is it worth the $$?

When buying the flat squeezer sets, since there are different "heights," how many different sizes are necessary?

I have to say so far I'm very happy with yardstore.com
I saved tons from what I found on Avery's site and others. Almost everything I ordered was 1/2 the cost of other sites, the people were great to talk to, and it arrived 2 days after I ordered it. Swivel flush set for 15$ (brand new, they only have <50 left in the lot they bought), used cleco pliers for 2.50 - compare with 6-7$ elsewhere. If you don't mind used stuff (like the pliers, for things that don't matter) they have some great deals. I'll be placing another order with them for some more stuff soon.

Thomas

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Re: Christmas!

Post by Spike »

TShort wrote:Well, that's what today was like when I came home to find a box from the Yardstore on my front porch! It was small but heavy - sure doesn't look like what it cost!

Tell me about it :bang:
I got a Buckeye 1/4" drill, 3200rpm - the Sioux that most kits have is 3600rpm - is this a problem?
Nope
Do you guys have a separate regulator besides the one on your compressor?
Nope
Anyone have the Avery adjustable squeezer set? Is it worth the $$?
Not exactly sure which particular type of squeezer you are referring to. If its the hand squeezer with the adjustable set holder than Yup and Yup.
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

I run all high pressure (85 or so psi) lines to the locations in my shop where "work" is to be performed. I exclude the spray booth as a "work" area... cause it's painting and painting is fun for me. In the spray booth, I regulate pressure down to 7 psi or so.

Anyhows... My rivet gun has a regulator that plugs directly into any high pressure port and is set to hammering pressure (20-30 psi).

Hope this helps.

8) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!