ATS Tools opinions

A place to discuss workshops and the use and desirability of tools.
Rockyjs
Class G

ATS Tools opinions

Post by Rockyjs »

Just curious about ATS tool quality. Especially their spring back dimple dies. Seems there about $10 a set cheaper than Avery, Cleveland and some others. ATS also has the 3m cut and polish wheel on sale for $48.55. Has anybody used or have any opinions on ATS? I also just received an order from Cleveland. They had a good deal on clecos $31/100 and their C Frame for $118. Received the order in FL in 4 days!! normal UPS ground. Thanks

JohnR
Class B

Post by JohnR »

I had dies from another source and after trying the Cleaveland dies ended up buying new ones from them for the sizes I use most. I believe they are worth a few dollars more as I seem to get better results. They are fast at shipping also as you noted!

Sounds like a good price on the 3m wheel. I see Cleaveland has the light deburring wheel on sale for $44.50 but not the cut and polish. I have one of each and it appears the cut and polish will easily make it through the entire project. I'm not so sure about the light deburring wheel though. It is worn down a lot.
JohnR
RV-7A - Fuselage - SOLD, just not supposed to be
Numbers 6:24 - The LORD bless thee, and keep thee