setting up compressor

A place to discuss workshops and the use and desirability of tools.
Joe Parish
Class D

setting up compressor

Post by Joe Parish »

I went back and read quite a few threads on compressors and wanted to lay out what I got out of it to make sure I get it right the first time. I appreciate any input or advice!

come off the tank and have some sort of coil (a coil of copper pipe to allow air to cool) what size copper?
then run a air/water separator- then a regulator(qualities of a good one?)
I was then going to do some sort of manifold with a regulator for each line(2 or 3 to have a certain line for each tool?) Wondering if that seems like a good plan?

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Joe
N525XC reserved
Empennage done
wings done
Fuse in progress
RV-9A

smittysrv
Class D

Post by smittysrv »

Here's my setup:

The hose coming into this setup is elevated to prevent any oil from going back inside the compressor.

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

*baaaah* I say phooey. Yeah, that's the 'right' way to do it, but if you aren't going to paint, just put your airline on the end of the regulator and occasionally dab a bit of oil down your tool's input. Save the money & build the plane :evil:
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

smittysrv
Class D

Post by smittysrv »

I have to say that if I had to do it all over again, I would have only purchased the two regulators. One set for drilling and the other (down the line) set for riveting. That way I never have to mess with correcting the air pressure. :roll: