New Type of Rivet Squeezer

A place to discuss workshops and the use and desirability of tools.
stearman456
Class G

New Type of Rivet Squeezer

Post by stearman456 »

I've been a lurker here for awhile now and this is my first post. Though not a homebuilder per se, I am a hobbyist aircraft restorer and I enjoy your website. I just purchased this squeezer a couple of months ago and though this is a fair bit of money to lay out, I think it's been a terrific investment. Also, for the record, I am in no way connected with or sponsored by the manufacturer of this setup - I just thought I'd bring it to the attention of a bunch of guys who would appreciate it.

http://www.cleavelandtoolstore.com/prod ... umber=SHPS

Dan

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Welcome to the group :welcome:

What have you restored or what are you working on?

Spike
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

stearman456
Class G

Post by stearman456 »

Thanks, Spike. I'm presently restoring a Boeing Stearman back to it's original USN self from a pranged crop sprayer. I've done another Stearman in the past (same story), an Aeronca Champ from the shadow up, and lots of "mending" here and there. A couple of friends of mine just added two -6A's to our airfield here at home and they sure look like nice little airplanes, and FAST!! :)

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Stearmans ... yumm. One of the most romantic planes out there. One day I'm going to get a ride in one. What a bird.

Spike
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

stearman456
Class G

Post by stearman456 »

Nice airplane to restore. Parts are still easy to find, the drawings are all available on CD, and the manuals are real good. Boeing made good stuff - still do. I might just have to build an RV some day though...

Dan

Bob Barrett
Class C

Post by Bob Barrett »

Welcome! I will be putting my RV-6A N784TB up for sale in a few days in case you want to buy one. You can look at the picture of it on my gallery. $69,500 will get your the airplane, some extra aircraft AN Bolts and nuts etc.; Pneumatic Squeezer; Rivet Gun; C-Frame; etc.

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Cool Squeezer!

Welcome Dan!

:) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

stearman456
Class G

Post by stearman456 »

Thanks, Bob, but if I join the RV movement it would be to build one from scratch - good looking ride though. I'm sure you'll have no problem selling it. Van's kits sure make me want to build one, I just have to clean up my present backlog in the hangar first.

Dan