Sticky Air Drill Trigger

A place to discuss workshops and the use and desirability of tools.
bmurrish
Class D

Sticky Air Drill Trigger

Post by bmurrish »

I have a brand new Sioux air drill and went to use it for the first time today. I oiled it and conected to the air hose. The trigger sticks in and I have to pull it back out to stop. I tried putting a little oil on the trigger, but still sticking. Has anybody experienced this before. I am thinking either poor milling or they forgot to put the springs in the trigger. Of course the company I bought it from is closed on the weekends so I will has to wait until Tuesday to call them.
Bill Murrish
RV-8 Fuselage

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

I havent heard of that one. Ive had great success with my Sioux drill. Been using it all morning as a matter of fact. Im sure they will make good on it. :thumbsup:
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

bmurrish
Class D

Post by bmurrish »

It still works, but it is a pain to have to pull it out to shut it off everytime. Hopefully they will send me a new one and let me keep the bad one until the replacement arrives. Either that or switch to my cordless. :puke:
Bill Murrish
RV-8 Fuselage

bmurrish
Class D

Post by bmurrish »

Cleaveland Tools returned my call that I left over the weekend. They said they were sending me a new air drill and a postage paid label to return the bad one. I am definitely happy with their customer service.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Bill Murrish
RV-8 Fuselage

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

That is cool! WS had some probs with his Sioux drill and he said Avery did him well on that one too!

Whatta great bunch of vendors!

...and on that note:

My snowmobile oil story...

For almost 20 years I have been an AVID sledder. I have toured all of northern New England and most of southern Canada. The sled dealers DO NOT treat you as well as the aviation vendors. Hence, one of the reasons I am getting out of the sport. Sure, if you have a simple machine you can get away with marginal support and a variety of products. My machine is high performance and I demand certain things.

Case in point: I calla dealer for special oil and store hours. I drive 30 minutes to get there and the place is closed! Well, that is just my most recent experience... but VERY frustrating!

I ordered the oil off the web and am blacklisting the dealer forever!

hmmmmmmmmm, ski's on the RV? Has it ever been done?

Will I be the first?

:wink: CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

bmurrish
Class D

Post by bmurrish »

Was WS's a trigger problem? I know it isn't Cleaveland's fault, but you would think Sioux would at least test their product before putting it on the street. Anyhow, I am a happy camper and will continue doing business with Cleaveland
Bill Murrish
RV-8 Fuselage

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

No, his was a motor problem.

Losing power and getting loud.

8) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

Wicked Stick
Class B

Post by Wicked Stick »

My Sioux was working flawlessly through tail and wings..
It just began to get weak after using it one night while drilling a hole in some wood for another project I was working on.

I sent it in to see if they could rebuild it for me (and I was going to pay for the rebuild). They called me to inform me that they were going to send me a new one instead...free.

I've never had the trigger stick in the on position, unless the air pressure was below 20 psi or so.. They are good up to 90 psi, so I generally run mine around 65 to 70. Try upping the pressure before sending it back.. Also, is it possible you over oiled it ?? they only need a few drops between uses.
Dave "WS" Rogers
RV-8 (125 hrs & counting)
N173DR

bmurrish
Class D

Post by bmurrish »

When my tools arrived I took it out of the box and squeezed the trigger and it stuck without air even being applied. The guy said it sounded like it needed to be adjusted and instead of having me mess with it they would just send me a brand new one. I'm cool with that.
Bill Murrish
RV-8 Fuselage