GPS mount

A forum for the proverbial airport bum who just wants to talk about anything and everything related to flying. Introduce yourself here !!

captain_john
Sparky

GPS mount

Post by captain_john »

New GPS mount on the market!

Check this out!

http://www.airgizmos.com/prod/gpsmount/index.asp

Spike, one for the archives?

8) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

GPS mount

Post by Spike »

Nifty. I shall put it in the resource pages pronto!

Submitted via email

mustang
Class E

Post by mustang »

Talking about GPS's. The last few days I have put in about 12 hours or so of flying using my new Lowrance 2000c. We have three other GPS units in the airplane, a Garmin GNS 430, a Garmin 295, and a Garmin IQue 3600. None of these are as cool as this Lowrance.

I must admit this contraption gave me fits getting the two map systems overlayed onto the SD card. Once through that initiation ceremony, this GPS rocks. It's got a big screen and it's very easy to read. It takes lots and lots of flight plans, and the performance with multi-leg flt plans is fabulous. Even when you miss the waypoint by a longshot (while taking a shortcut) it cycles to the next leg seamlessly. The digital information boxes are all customizable and you can even have the destination ETA annunciated in Zulu time on a multi-leg flight plan map page. The mapping detail available with a topographical overlay is phenomenal, and extremely accurate.

I used to be a Garmin guy but somehow, I think Garmin has been surpassed by this GPS. I noticed lately that the Garmin 296 has dropped it's price substantially. Well, no wonder. The tiny screen of the 296 with the landscape format is ridiculous when you are track up on the screen. That is another good thing about the Lowrance, it is a portrait format screen which only makes sense. Get with it Garmin. OH! And that reminds me. The IQue 3600 locks up all the time. Just like any computer, it just freezes and has to be rebooted. Just what you want with your GPS, right? The mind boggles!

Cheers, Pete
Peter Marshall
Newbie RV-8 builder.

You wanna draw, ....against the fastest rivet gun in the West??? LOL