Been out of the RV world too long

A forum for the proverbial airport bum who just wants to talk about anything and everything related to flying. Introduce yourself here !!

RV6junkie
Class G

Been out of the RV world too long

Post by RV6junkie »

I just found out about this site. My signature tells some of my story. I haven't really been involved in the "RV World" for about four years now.

I've been a pilot since I was 17 years old. I started building my RV when I was about 27...young by home-builder standards. After spending so much time building (an experience I wouldn't trade for anything) and flying, I just kind of burnt-out on flying. One day I was flying my RV and thought to myself "this isn't fun anymore". I landed and walked away from flying, without looking back.

I can't say that I really miss flying - too many hassles, especially in the post 9/11 world. But I did love building my RV and the many challenges that I faced and overcame. I think that I would enjoy building another RV. Hopefully, that will get me thinking of getting some air-time too, but right now I'm just not feeling it.

My business is in the aviation world, so I haven't missed an AirVenture or Sun-n-Fun in about 15 years. I feel as though I know what has changed in the RV world, but I'd like to know a bit more. So, here I am to answer questions about building, but also to reconnect with "RV People".

For me building/flying wasn't so much about the airplanes, but it was about the people. I'm hoping if I can reconnect with the community, I can also reconnect with the love of flying.
Gary
RV-6
Started 1989
Completed/Flown 1995

spikescopilot
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by spikescopilot »

:welcome:

Welcome to the site! We hope you enjoy it!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Spike's Co-pilot

http://www.nothingnoteworthy.com (Just another blog)

Snap
Class D

Post by Snap »

RV6junkie, let me just say that I think it is mostly about the people/community for all of us. That is why we love building and talking to others about building on wonderful sites like this. By the way Spike/cyphergirl, I have not found any other website like this one. You really are to be commended. :grouphug: :yay:

I think that the community and people that are building now or thinking about building need people like all of us to help and just be there for a hand or a gentle word of encouragment.

This is what we love and this is why we do it. so let me say.. please come back to us :cry:
RV-7A Emp
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.