EAA voting links

A forum for the proverbial airport bum who just wants to talk about anything and everything related to flying. Introduce yourself here !!

hydroguy2
Class B

EAA voting links

Post by hydroguy2 »

just a quick note for those searching to find out about the EAA members seeking
direct elections info. Here is 2 sites:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Members4Members

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/m4m/
Brian
Townsend, MT

hydroguy2
Class B

Post by hydroguy2 »

I got censored on VAF, the above post is the exact post I put there.

Apparently EAA is paying the bills for Doug, so he doesn't want to take a side. I don't find the above post to be 1 bit political, just an info to links.
Brian
Townsend, MT

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

well, we don't get no EAA dollars here :) Post away.

Spike
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

Brantel
Class B

Post by Brantel »

Yea but Hightower bought an RV12 starter kit so we are all good right????

:evil:
Brantel (Brian Chesteen),
RV12-IS, #121606, N912BC - Building Now!
RV10, #41942, N????? - Project Sold
RV-7/TU, #72823, N159SB - SOLD

hydroguy2
Class B

Post by hydroguy2 »

I'm more than a little disappointed in VAF. Every RV owner or builder is or should be a member of the EAA. So for Doug to block a simple post with links that EAA members MAY be interested in, says to me he does not care what the members of VAF think. This latest issue and the treatment by some of the "experts" at VAF are leaving a sour taste.

to be fair, he did put it on the front page of VAF....right down at the bottom "Overflow" near the "Totally Off Topic" section. :(

I've always supported VAF. I've learned a lot over there. I try to contribute positively to keep people motivated....but I'm ready to reevaluate my role and dollars in that support.

Much more User Friendly over here. Thanks Spike and all the Rivetbangers.

ps...do you have a donation support account?
Brian
Townsend, MT

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

No we don't as of now. We historically haven't been interested in that as we have been interested in having a place for people to say what they want to say as long as its done respectfully and in a family friendly way. $$ support can come with baggage that affects that. We also didn't want advertisers as it we felt it would inhibit people from being honest about their vendor experiences.

With that said, we are coming up on our 8 year birthday and one day I might wake up and ask what the heck Patti and I are doing ;) The costs aren't prohibitive, but overtime its getting noticeable.

Spike
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

hydroguy2 wrote:I got censored on VAF, the above post is the exact post I put there.

Apparently EAA is paying the bills for Doug, so he doesn't want to take a side. I don't find the above post to be 1 bit political, just an info to links.
:mrgreen: Guarantee that ain't happenin! 8)
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

hydroguy2
Class B

Post by hydroguy2 »

cjensen wrote:
hydroguy2 wrote:I got censored on VAF, the above post is the exact post I put there.

:mrgreen: Guarantee that ain't happenin! 8)
I was just venting. I don't care for some of the censorship that goes on....seems fishy on what is and isn't allowed at VAF.

I also support the EAA and while things are in a little turmoil right now, I think in the long run it'll smooth out. Better member involvement is good.
Brian
Townsend, MT

DaAV8R
Class G

Equal opportunity censorship?

Post by DaAV8R »

You do have to admit that it was just a little teeny weeny bit satisfying to see the most regular (and I do mean the most regular) users of that site fall victim to a bit of the censorship! I too grow weary of the censorship.

Rivetbangers is a good place. I think of these guys like the outlaws of RV's :mrgreen: I'm gonna be a little dissapointed if I meet them some day and they are just a bunch of laid back, easy going airplane nuts!

Robert

hydroguy2
Class B

Post by hydroguy2 »

a bunch of Rebel RV'rs, yep that's us!

now where's I put my glasses :mrgreen:
Brian
Townsend, MT

captain_john
Sparky

Re: Equal opportunity censorship?

Post by captain_john »

DaAV8R wrote:Rivetbangers is a good place. I think of these guys like the outlaws of RV's :mrgreen: I'm gonna be a little dissapointed if I meet them some day and they are just a bunch of laid back, easy going airplane nuts!

Robert
Robert, this IS a great place.

Laid back, easy going???

I have really never been accused of being such!

My Ex-Wife once told me that when I get to be her age I would slow down. Well, I am there now and I haven't slowed down a bit! That is one reason why she is my Ex! hahahaha

:lol: CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!