Hello!

A forum for the proverbial airport bum who just wants to talk about anything and everything related to flying. Introduce yourself here !!

728GD
Class E

Hello!

Post by 728GD »

First posted message. I have an rv-6 with about 110 hrs on her. Constant speed, superior SL-0360, VFR night. I am going to try and place a few pictures of here in the gallery. Looking forward to many rewarding conversations. Hope to see you all in the air!! You will not regret choosing an RV. There is nothing like it!!

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Welcome !!! Uh, do you have a name ? :) Its good to meet you. How long did it take you to build your 6 ? That is such a great aircraft. Please stick around and enjoy yourself. Feel free to link up to us if you have a site also. Welcome aboard !!

-- John

728GD
Class E

Post by 728GD »

Thanks for the wecome! Name is Dale. Started the 6 in '94, first flight was 11/02. In between, got married, gained 4 step children, quit my job, moved across the Country, sold pretty much everything I owned but the RV!! Doing great, love my family, love my plane..

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Now thats the way to live life to the fullest. Way to go :thumbsup:

-- John

728GD
Class E

Post by 728GD »

Are you flying an rv, or still in the building mode?

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Just getting started in the building mode. Finishing up on the training kit and getting ready to start on the emp. I have friends building 6's, 8's, etc. Im part owner in a really sweet 172. After a few Oshkosh's and watching friends build Im sick of sitting on the fence. Ive gotten one ride in an RV4 and it was quite awesome though it didnt last long and I really didnt get any stick time. This is going to be so much fun :mrgreen:

728GD
Class E

Post by 728GD »

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW FUN IT REALLY IS!!!! Everything your dreaming about, double it! My only regret is now I am not building anything. I have my repairman cert so I get to do my inspections. Just finished on last month. I forgot how much fun it was taking things apart and putting everything back together. In the scope of things, I guess I would rather be flying than still building, but I do miss it.