Rv 4

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 4.
bazuki21
Class G

Rv 4

Post by bazuki21 »

Hi all. I am v new to all this (forums and home built airplanes) I have ordered the pr-view plans for the RV4 and intend building as soon as posible. I live in the UK and am after any info on costs of posting, import duties, taxes etc. All help would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks Baz.

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Welcome :welcome:

We have at least one RV-4 flying in this group, though I believe there is a second or third. I am sure you will be able to get some helpful information. Have fun!!
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Hi Baz!

Welcome!

Lemme see if I can get Rudi to say hello.

Rudi, are ya by the frequency? Can ya hook up Baz with some shipping info?

:) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

svanarts
Air Marshall

Post by svanarts »

I can't really help you with import duties and the like but I'd be glad to offer any RV-4 specific building advice you might need. :)

greylingr
Class G

Post by greylingr »

Sorry can't help much with importing into the UK, don't know all the rules, but here is what I ended up with importing into South AFrica.

Shipping all 4 RV7 crates via sea to closest harbour in SA came to +/- $2000

there is no importing duties on Aircraft parts in South Africa, but you have to pay 14% VAT tax on the value of it +/- $2500.

Your shipping agent is going to charge you some clearance fees and fees to move it via ground to your house, this depends on how far you are from the seaport. Mine was $2,500, but I am 600 km from my seaport.

I guess the best is to search and find local builders in the UK to give you some assistance.

Regards
Rudi
Rudi Greyling, South Africa, RV7 Tip-up, Current Status: Wings.
Web Page: www.freepgs.com/flyboy
"Science, freedom, beauty, adventure...what more could you ask of life? Aviation offers it all" - Charles A. Lindbergh