Another Bad Idea

A place to chuckle at yourself and share lessons learned the hard way.
4kilo
RB's First

Another Bad Idea

Post by 4kilo »

I just drilled my finger. I'm not just talking about hurting it, I mean drilling it with a number 40 drill on my Sioux air-drill. Honest, I thought it would be out of the way of the hole.

It is really difficult to touch type with a big old bandage on your left middle finger. Not to mention it slows down the build progress.

Pat
RV-8
N804PT - IO-360, Hartzell blended airfoil, GRT dual Horizon I & EIS, TruTrak ADI Pilot II
Flying - 950 hours!

Dan A
Class D

Post by Dan A »

Welcome to the crowd!! :evil:
Dan

hngrflyr
Class E

Post by hngrflyr »

Back in the late 1970s, I was helping a friend rebuild a Cessna 120. He was drilling a hole in a buss bracket, and drilled through a finger. He was jumping around swearing and I was laughing so hard tears were running down my face. My laughing made him angry. It took him about a week to get over it. You can take comfort that you're not the first to have done it.

Bob Severns

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

OWWWWWW!

I am in pain just thinking about it!

:o

Get well soon!

:roll: CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

Snap
Class D

Post by Snap »

I was helping my Dad put some plastic on a gate to stop the little dog getting out. He said "just hold that 'U' bracket there for me will you."

Sure I said. BIG MISTAKE. As he was trying to push the drill into the hole, He slipped and yep, you guessed it. He found my thumb. Now it was a cordless drill but it was going quick and went all the way through my thumb but didn't go through the nail. So I could see light through my fingernail. Sound painfull?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hmmm........ Dad just can't figure out why I dont help him in his little projects anymore. :bang:
RV-7A Emp
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

you guys are making me cringe!! :o :o :o

i think the worse thing i've ever done to myself with a drill are surface cuts...jeez guys, be careful!! :wink:
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com