RV-7A or RV-12

This is a forum to ask questions regarding the different models of Vans Aircraft. If you are having problems deciding which one to build, this is the place to go.
s10sakota
Class E

RV-7A or RV-12

Post by s10sakota »

Hi all,

I'm definitely going to build an RV but I'm debating if I should go with the RV-7A or wait for the RV-12. I have a plane now that I would take the Rotax 912S, radio, transponder, instruments, ELT, etc...from and use in the RV-12-thenI'd just sell my current airframe. This would be the least expensive way to go.

I wish Vans would update us on the RV-12. I'm not sure if it's worth waiting for or if I should just buy the RV-7 tail kit.

Mark :|

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

Well the problem with the RV-12 is the fact that they don't have a time frame for it's availability. Last I knew, it was still a proof of concept, and that they will not even answer questions about its development because they are not sure about it yet. I'm sure they will have answers at Oshkosh because they will be barraged with questions. Maybe wait 'til then???

I'm biased, but I'd go for the -7.

:)
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

I second that motion!

Build the dash seven!

You already have the Sakota, so the next step should be worthwhile!

Go for it!

:wink: CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

jim_geo
Class C

Post by jim_geo »

I don't think I could wait around for something that was in development. To many what if's.