TruTrak Customer Service Kudos

A forum to report your experiences with vendors specific to the homebuilt community.
4kilo
RB's First

TruTrak Customer Service Kudos

Post by 4kilo »

When I started flying my RV-8, I needed a transponder check. So when the tech showed up to check the transponder, I also had him do an IFR pitot-static check. The pitot-static check failed miserably. After over an hour of troubleshooting, we tracked the problem down to my TruTrak ADI pilot II. In the process of trying to tighten the fittings on the TruTrak, I cracked the intrument case (insert choice words here).

TruTrak advised me to send the instrument in so they could repair it - new case estimated at $100. I sent it in and flew the first 10 hours of my test program with a gaping hole where the TruTrak belongs (but no pitot-static leaks). After a week, I called TruTrak to make sure that they had received the autopilot. They told me that it had already shipped back to me! I got it two days later, complete with an invoice which simply stated "Customer reported problem confirmed, no charge."

Today we tried another pitot-static check, and the airplane passed with no problems. Although I haven't had a chance to fire it up in flight yet, everything tests great on the ground, so I don't anticipate any further problems.

Pat

P.S. If you need a pitot-static or transponder check in the DFW area, I highly reccomend Paul Gardner. PM me for contact info.
RV-8
N804PT - IO-360, Hartzell blended airfoil, GRT dual Horizon I & EIS, TruTrak ADI Pilot II
Flying - 950 hours!

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

I love to hear these types of stories. Thanx for the information.

John
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl