Falcon Gauge

A forum to report your experiences with vendors specific to the homebuilt community.
BK

Falcon Gauge

Post by BK »

I bought an altimeter from Vans Aircraft 2 years ago that turned out to be a Falcon Gauge ALT20INF-3N. I installed it in my panel about a year ago and noticed recently that it was indicating 15200' (I live in Florida)

After following their "calibration" recommendations and unable to adjust it more than 1000' the thing locked up. I sent it in with copies of everything including a receipt. I got an e-mail back telling me that when they got it, the adjustment knob was broken off and wasn't in the box. Therefore they couldn't do anything but if i sent them lots of money they would send another one. No mention of the original problem. Wow, does this send up any flags ? I mean, funny how it was intact and well wrapped and padded when I sent it but since I must have done something wrong when I sent it they couldn't help me. Calls to them resulted in the same thing. No help.

Besides the obvious disappointment with their instrument and their customer service the bigger scientific question is the sudden loss of matter. I was under the impression that couldn't happen.

Anyway, I suggest you good folks stay far away from Falcon Gauge.

BK
RV-8 Finishing...

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

thanks for the :no: bk!
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com