CHARLESTON SC FLY IN (KJZI) MARCH 29TH!! IT'S A GO!!

A place to plan social gatherings, flying events, etc.
jimpappas
Class E

CHARLESTON SC FLY IN (KJZI) MARCH 29TH!! IT'S A GO!!

Post by jimpappas »

Well, it looks like, weather permitting, WE ARE A GO for the flyin at Charleston Executive Airport (KJZI)!! (Local PIREPS would be much appreciated)

KJZI is an old WW2 base, and a Civil War Fort before that, so there is lots of room to park.

There are places to tie down on the concrete or in the grass. It's best if you bring your own tie downs, especially if you park in the grass.

Camping under the planes is not recommended (as in you can't) due to crawly things that bite, so if overnight is your plan, Beata can help with rentals on Kiawah Island about 5-10 minutes away.

Sun up should be around 0730 or so by then, and I plan to get there from work about that time on Saturday for the days event.

Arrive when you like, stay for a day or longer, but the flyin is technically Saturday all day.

This is a gorgeous place and that week should be about peak spring colors, temps this time of year vary from 55-80 so keep a weather eye as we get closer.

If we get rained out, we will set it up in the fall after "tourist season".

There are rental cars and 15 passenger vans that can be rented but call ahead (843-559-2401 Atlantic Aviation Services) to reserve a rental please so the FBO has enough on hand.

Anyone interested in seeing the beach or houses need to touch base with Beata as she is the Realtor not me.

Full Service fuel will be discounted .50 a gallon Saturday and all fees are waved for the event.

Paul Aiken, the Airport Operations Manager, has been great about letting us use the airport and the FBO including the Conference room and lounges for the day.

He will have some line boys up to speed to help too and I know several of our folks have offered to help too and it will be greatly appreciated!

We are still trying to arrange for some Carolina Pulled Pork for purchase from one of the Best BBQ places in the Charleston area but will need to confirm we can get it delivered and at what price per head. At the Restaurant it's usually around $7 with a couple sides and great cornbread.

More details as we get closer, but wanted to put this out there so we can all start planning for a fun day.

Please start to give me a head count if you know or are pretty sure you will come so I can keep track and if we can get food I'll need it closer to the date as well.

Volunteers please let me know, and also if you are planning to make a weekend of it.

I am posting this on both sites but not on FB as I want our fellow RV'rs to have a good time together. If you are flying or driving it doesn't matter just come.

I'll be driving from work after Mid shift gets off.

Now - Ya'll come!! :) :!:
Jim Pappas
Former RV6A Owner
jimpappas13@gmail.com
843-901-8224

Beata Bennett 843-901-8264
Kiawah/Seabrook Islands Real Estate Sales
gethomes@sbcglobal.net
Kiawah Island, SC