Oct 7 Fall Foliage and Chili Fly-In at 1P1

A place to plan social gatherings, flying events, etc.
Thermos
Class D

Oct 7 Fall Foliage and Chili Fly-In at 1P1

Post by Thermos »

Hello fellow RVers -

We're gonna cook up a pot of chili on the afternoon of Saturday, 7 October for a long-delayed fly-in at 1P1, Plymouth NH. Arrive whenever you want, food will be ready around noon. If wx is not so good, we'll slide to Sunday, 8 October. As some of you know, it’s been a challenging year since we had to cancel last year’s fly-in on short notice, so we’re very happy to schedule it again and celebrate our good fortune with family and friends.

This is one of our favorite small grass airstrips, and New Hampshire foliage should be well along by early October!

Hope to see you there...

Dave and Ellen Setser
Dave Setser
Avionics, Firewall Forward
http://www.mightyrv.com
Putting the "slow" in slow-build since 2004

captain_john
Sparky

Re: Oct 7 Fall Foliage and Chili Fly-In at 1P1

Post by captain_john »

It is in the sked, but I just realized that it is Italian American Appreciation weekend and this Italian American is planning on going to his house in Rangeley. If I fly and the weather is spectacular... I am in! If not, I will be driving and I probably won't make it.

That being said, I have more room up there if anyone wants to join us! Steve and Evelyn have committed (pending good weather) and the Governor has shown an interest. Russki, you are overdue for a fall visit! Anyone else???

I have a pre-heater if needed. Bring your tie-down ropes and use caution while taxiing as the port is under destruction and NOTAMS are catch-as-catch-can.

Dave, my intention wasn't to hi-jack your thread, but if anyone is interested in a great day of flying... these two stops in the north country would make for a great day of aviating!

8) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

Vlad
Class E

Post by Vlad »

I am in for the Chili run. Then direct Rangeley. Let the fun continue... :)
RV-9A N666BK flying 4,500+ hours since 2011

RestlessCrow
Class G

Post by RestlessCrow »

CJ! If Russki has an open seat, do you have an open bed? Check your regular email. There's a video link waiting for you you'll appreciate. -Wade

bruceh
Class D

Post by bruceh »

A bit far from SoCal, and we are having our open house at Ramona Airport that day. I might even fly some Young Eagles for the first time.

Wish I could be there! No more east coast business trips in my immediate future. And certainly no fall foliage out west.
Bruce Hill
RV-9A N5771H flying over 1100 hours!
Build Log at http://www.overthehills.com/RV-9A-Project
Blog at https://flyingoverthehills.wordpress.com/
EAA Tech Counselor, A&P

catmandu
Class G

Post by catmandu »

I think I will be up for all this fun. Karen's working, but I might bring my grown son if he's interested.
Mike @ W29 & KMEV
RV-6A SOLD
Super-8, say no more

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Hey All!

Things... Someone rented my house in Maine! I am switching to Plan B!

I like this plan because with it, I can fly to the Chili fest at 1P1!

We will be staying at KPYM INSTEAD OF 8B0!

All are welcome, We have a spare king bed, a pullout full size sofa, another sofa and two cots. In addition, we have lots of floor space.

Steve and Evelyn committed early, so they get the king bed. All other can fill in voids however they see fit.

See you all at KPYM!

Looking forward to the chili fest at 1P1! Plymouth to Plymouth in the logbooks this year!

:) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!