Elbow fitting for brakes

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 7/7A.
RVNewsletter
Class D

Elbow fitting for brakes

Post by RVNewsletter »

Bummed. There's an elbow fitting -- AN822-4D -- that fits in the top of the brake cylinder and I can't find any evidence that Van includes this fitting. There's nothing in the packing list for the finishing kit (or for the fuselage kit as near as I can tell) that suggests that these two fittings are included.

Rats. I HATE getting to an exciting point (I could've had the plane up on its gear today) and then stopping and having to order parts.

By the way, has anyone noticed how AN fittings have skyrocketed in price lately? The CURRENT Aircraft Spruce catalog lists the fitting above for $3.45. But when you order it, the price is actually $5.90 each.

bullojm1
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by bullojm1 »

Bob-

FYI - On my RV-7, four AN833-4D fittings were included in bag 1966-2, listed on page 1 of my hardware inventory sheet.
Mike Bullock
http://www.rvplane.com
RV-7 | Superior IO-360 | Whirlwind 200RV
Garmin GTN650 | GRT Dual Sport SX EFIS

RVNewsletter
Class D

Post by RVNewsletter »

In the finishing kit list or the fuse list, Mike?

bullojm1
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by bullojm1 »

Sorry I didn't mention that, fuse kit. Listed on the first page of the hardware list (My list was dated 11/17/06).

PS - why does not having these fittings prevent ya from puttin' your bird on its gear?
Mike Bullock
http://www.rvplane.com
RV-7 | Superior IO-360 | Whirlwind 200RV
Garmin GTN650 | GRT Dual Sport SX EFIS

RVNewsletter
Class D

Post by RVNewsletter »

Ah, the fuse list. Will check (of course, where I put those fittings, I don't know).

Answer to your question: It doesn't. It's just something I wanted to do on Friday, get the fitting put in. I couldn't insert the gear rod into the mount until someone lifted the fuselage slightly. I know there are other things I could've puttered around with; it's just that that item was next on the list. It's an OCD thing.

But, as long as you brought the subject up. The project took its first baby steps yesterday.

Whoo hoo.

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

RVNewsletter wrote:I know there are other things I could've puttered around with; it's just that that item was next on the list. It's an OCD thing.
:lol: This makes me chuckle...I'm the same way Bob! Just this morning, I was working on installing my tip up struts, and I had three of the four mounts installed, when on the last one, I ruined the last screw by stripping the head. Since they only give you four of the required four screws, I was done. There is plenty to do, but that was next on the list, and I wasn't moving on until it was done. Fortunately, I found a screw that replaced it, and I was able to finish the morning with a strutted tip up frame, but if I hadn't found a replacement, the day was over as far as building was concerned.

OCD...it's just another term for prefection! HA! :wink: :lol:
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

RV7Factory
Beanpolt

Post by RV7Factory »

So what's worse, not having the parts you need to finish a step, or ordering parts only to discover (just after the order shipped) that you forgot to order the parts you REALLY needed? :? :mrgreen:
Brad Oliver
RV-7 | Livermore, CA
RV7Factory.com

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

Or just after the order shipped, FINDING the parts you knew you had! :o :lol:
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com