Gascolator for fuel injection

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 7/7A.
simatos
Class E

Gascolator for fuel injection

Post by simatos »

For installation of a fuel injected engine is a gascolator necessary? For those who have put one in, would you tell me where you installed it? Thanks G

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

No gasco here!

The servo has a great filter in it, you might have another near the fuel pump.

Fuggetaboudit!

:) Cj
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

simatos
Class E

Post by simatos »

CJ thanks you are up too late. Yeah I had put in the fuel lines, pump etc right up to the servo then a buddie took a look and asked where is the gascolator? the rub is here in Canada it might be a sticking point so gotta check with my builder-inspecor guy. Thanks for your quick reply, hows your machine shaping up?? Was at the Arlington WA fly inn last week but dissapointed that Garmin wasn't there. Cheers G

paulie
Class G

gascolator

Post by paulie »

No need for one. Why add another failure point for something not necessary?

simatos
Class E

Post by simatos »

beating the gascolator drum again. It is a requirement in Canada. Question is will the Vans Gascolator or Andair one be able to hold the higher pressure in a
fuel injected engine installation. The back up fuel pump will put 35psi thru the gascolator, is that right?

BSwayze
Class C

Post by BSwayze »

I don't claim to have all the answers, but a good friend of mine bought a pair of gascolators from Andair that go in the fuel line on the wing root of each wing. This puts them upstream from the boost pump, so it shouldn't interfere with fuel pressure, I would think. I would check with Andair and consider their input.
Bruce Swayze
Portland, Oregon
http://www.BrucesRV7A.com
RV-7A Working on Firewall Forward