SERIAL NUMBERS ON KITS

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 9/9A
MICK

SERIAL NUMBERS ON KITS

Post by MICK »

Does anyone know if VANS publishes the number of kits sold as distinct from the number of kits completed? I saw someone post who had serial number 1137 delivered in May this year - what are we up to now, and what kits are the most popular?

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

I know the numbering sequence is individual to model. For instance, my -7 kit is 70312. Feel free to put that number down as a referral when you order your wing kits!

:wink:

Anywhoooo, mine is a model 7, kit number 0312. I understand the -8's are more popular, but I am not sure what they are up to now.

Perhaps some recent Emp Kit purchasers could clue us in here?

I am not sure about the numbering of the earlier kits, but I do know that this is the way they do the -7's and -8's.

What model was your buddy building with number 1137?

:) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

jim_geo
Class C

Post by jim_geo »

Whoa John you are fast. I was just finishing up and checking my post before submiting it and saw that you scooped me. exept you had the good idea to mention the referal. My hat's off to you man. Since I couldn't have said it better and really got nothin to add I'll just go back and sit in my corner. :grin:

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Hahaha,

Sorry Jim. I have no life!

I am sitting here noodling over landing lights and have my finger poised on the order button for a pair of Duckworks lights from the Van's webstore and am stalling because I KNOW I need something else!!!

:lol:

Know the feeling?

:wink: CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!