RV-9a performance

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 9/9A
hydroguy2
Class B

RV-9a performance

Post by hydroguy2 »

May 20 2010 I made my first flight. Rv9A 747RT I have about 20 hours on it trying to get the 40 so we can fly it to Oshkosh. The plane fly's great. We have a 160 horse lycoming the prop is what Van recommended Sensenich 70cm6s16-0 (79). The max rpm I can get is 2500 in flight. If anyone out there has the same combination I would like to compare performances.
Thomas, I copied the above from your "site support" post. This is probably a better place for responses. BTW can't really help with your question, more info may be needed.

Do you have all the wheel pants and fairings installed? what ALT are you flying? Fuel flow, Altitude, TAS, etc.
Brian
Townsend, MT

Bob Barrett
Class C

40 Hour Test Time?

Post by Bob Barrett »

Do you have a certified 0-320 160HP Lycoming and a certified Sensinch Prop? If so you should only have to fly off a 25 Test period. If your build up the engine yourself and are not an A&P that could make it not certified. Also is the prop even though a Sensinch not certfied then you have to go for the40 hours. If you are using elecltronic ignition that could also cause problems. I hope you make it to Oshkosh! :)