Vertical Power?

A place to discuss the design & installation of electrical systems.
svanarts
Air Marshall

Post by svanarts »

Marc,
Thanks for clearing things up and please feel free to write as much as you want. Looks like a great product and I'm going to be following the development with great interest.

I was wondering if you have a document on your website that addresses concerns over the various failure modes you anticipate with your product and how your company chose to address them? I can't speak for anyone else but that's mainly where my concerns with your product lie?

I assume you'll be at OSH? Expect a visit or two from some Rivetbangers.
Scott VanArtsdalen
Token Heretic
Nirvana Rodeo / Dudek Universal
S-6ES N612SV - GONE but not forgotten
RV-4 N311SV - SOLD

ptrotter
Class E

Post by ptrotter »

Marc,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I was one of those that saw your little demo after you landed, and I will admit that most of my opinion is based on the product at that time, not the current version, so I will study your information in more detail. Even if I think that a product is not for me, I always encourage people to keep pushing the boundaries as that is how all great advances are made. I think that you ideas are really interesting and expect that this is the direction that the future is going. It is all a matter of individual taste as to what one puts in their aircraft.

Good luck.
Paul Trotter
RV-8 82080 Finish Kit
N801PT

RV7Factory
Beanpolt

Post by RV7Factory »

A few weeks ago I printed out the information on the VP web site and took it to our regular EAA breakfast. It was interesting to see the dialog it started, with much the same concerns and questions being raised.

Personally, I like the keyless fob thing. My prediction is that within six months someone has figured out a way to automatically open their tip-up canopy with it. :mrgreen:

Good luck with the products Marc, it looks really interesting.
Brad Oliver
RV-7 | Livermore, CA
RV7Factory.com

marcausman
Class G

Post by marcausman »

Guys, I hope you don't mind if I make a plug for the company, but wanted to let you know that we are now shipping the wiring harnesses and have an introductory special: buy a harness now before end of July, and get full credit for that harness when purchasing a system before the end of the year. More details at: http://www.verticalpower.com/purchase.html

Have a good holiday weekend!

[edit - svanarts - fixed URL]
Marc Ausman
Vertical Power
www.verticalpower.com
RV-7 Flying