RIP Co-Pilot Wyatt

A place to share flight experiences of any kind. Looking forward to our first "first flight" post.
captain_john
Sparky

Re: RIP Co-Pilot Wyatt

Post by captain_john »

Russki,

Thank you and Agent Orange for coming up to pay Wyatt his last regards!

He deserved a final tribute and sendoff in this fashion, as he was my co-pilot for many years!

He was there from the first rivet and through Phase 1 and beyond. He attended Agent Orange and Allison's Anniversary in New York and did many trips to Rangeley.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find any Go-Pro files on that drive you gave me! I will make another attempt and see if it was merely operator error.

I am glad that you took these pictures of the event. I usually don't take enough pictures.

Great to see you and thank you for being my friend! Wyatt thanks you as well!

Rest in peace little buddy! You helped me through some of the best and worst times of my life to date!

:cry: CJ

P.S. I just now realized that this officially closes the chapter on Wyatt. I have owned a dog for all 50 of my years on this planet. I am enjoying the freedom without one, but would like another flying companion. Not sure what to do about that as of now.

See you all at Oshkosh!
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

That's a tear-jerker CJ...glad to see the pics, and the missing dog formation is just priceless. RIP Wyatt...

See you next week.
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

Danny04
Class G

Post by Danny04 »

captain_john wrote:It has been 9 months since I had to put my best friend and co-pilot to rest. Many of you had the pleasure of meeting Wyatt. He was an Australian Shepherd that I had the pleasure of knowing for 12 years. He came from a breeder in New Hampshire that has a grass strip called Propwash in Kensington, NH. It was rather coincidental that the breeder was a pilot too. I guess that you could say that he was a flying dog from day one?

obtenir prêt
He was with me from the first day that I began working on the plane and rode with me in the plane, boat, Jeep and golf cart everywhere I went. He was literally my shadow. It was rare that we were apart. As I type this, his ashes are next to me awaiting to be scattered over Rangeley Lake in Maine where we spent LOTS of time. He seemed to enjoy going up to my house up there where every day is a holiday.

Now here is the part where I need you. The plan is to fly up to Rangeley, Maine on February 25, 2017 with Wyatt's ashes loaded into a special compartment on Vlad's airplane. Vlad, Agent Orange, Billy and others will fly a missing man formation with me as the missing man representing Wyatt over the lake. Afterward we scatter the ashes, we touch down on Mooselookmeguntic Lake and have lunch at the Bald Mountain Camp. If you would like to participate in this event, send me an email or a text and we can rendezvous at Bethel, ME to gas up and brief before the trip to Rangeley.

Wyatt is getting a grand RV sendoff! He deserves it. He was a GREAT dog!

Hopefully the weather will cooperate that day!

Who is interested?

:thumbsup: CJ
So cuute :)

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

So glad this thread got resurrected, even though it seems to have been done by a spambot! He was an awesome dog and missed (still) by many!

I am choked up just typing this!

Tomorrow there is a St. Pawtricks (get the play on words?) pet adoption day at Mayflower Brewery here in Plymouth and I AM GOING!

Given that I am planning a huge US tour this summer, I will likely NOT adopt a dog tomorrow. I wouldn't want to have my new dog watched by friends so early in his new home. However, I will take the name of the adoption agency and check into the process. It would be nice to have another co-pilot again! Aside from the last 2.5 years, I have had a dog every day of my life and I really feel empty without one.

RIP WYATT!!! You helped me build, test, enjoy and maintain the Aluminum Mistress. You were a great companion and friend. You are not forgotten.

:cry: CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

Georges54
Class G

Post by Georges54 »

captain_john wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:52 pm
It has been 9 months since I had to put my best friend and co-pilot to rest. Many of you had the pleasure of meeting Wyatt. He was an Australian Shepherd that I had the pleasure of knowing for 12 years. He came from a breeder in New Hampshire that has a grass strip called Propwash in Kensington, NH. It was rather coincidental that the breeder was a pilot too. I guess that you could say that he was a flying dog from day one?

Regroupement de prêt immobilier

He was with me from the first day that I began working on the plane and rode with me in the plane, boat, Jeep and golf cart everywhere I went. He was literally my shadow. It was rare that we were apart. As I type this, his ashes are next to me awaiting to be scattered over Rangeley Lake in Maine where we spent LOTS of time. He seemed to enjoy going up to my house up there where every day is a holiday.

Now here is the part where I need you. The plan is to fly up to Rangeley, Maine on February 25, 2017 with Wyatt's ashes loaded into a special compartment on Vlad's airplane. Vlad, Agent Orange, Billy and others will fly a missing man formation with me as the missing man representing Wyatt over the lake. Afterward we scatter the ashes, we touch down on Mooselookmeguntic Lake and have lunch at the Bald Mountain Camp. If you would like to participate in this event, send me an email or a text and we can rendezvous at Bethel, ME to gas up and brief before the trip to Rangeley.

Wyatt is getting a grand RV sendoff! He deserves it. He was a GREAT dog!

Hopefully the weather will cooperate that day!

Who is interested?

:thumbsup: CJ

Hello, you are lucky to have him, who would not like to have such a phenomenon in his home