Cincy - Wichita - Cincy, spar inspection natural light

A place to share flight experiences of any kind. Looking forward to our first "first flight" post.
A2022
Class B

Cincy - Wichita - Cincy, spar inspection natural light

Post by A2022 »

stopped over to Wichita to help my mother. my father (87 yrs) took a spill while going to shed to get a tire iron to help his granddaughter with a flat tire. he came down on his head then developed brain bleed symptoms 5 days later and required some surgery to stop the bleeding. right arm didn't work and slurring. he is doing fine now and home. hey, if you build a ramp to your shed, be careful and take the ramp at a 90-degree angle. the foot doesn't have much traction when taking a ramp at an off angle. if you take a hard blow to the head give yourself some time. I added some anti-slip strips all around their house did a few other things for them. one thing, they have a newer Honda CRV and my mother went to the store and her car failed. the shifter was locked out and all the instrumentation lights were dead. I did the trick to unlock the shifter and limped it home. she had no idea what caused the problem. however, when I found a broken rear view mirror wire with exposed wires, she remembered that she was pulling on her handicap tag and found the wire broken and tried to jam it back in. she had no idea she had shorted her car. a new fuse and zip tie and she is mobile again.

I launched for Wichita and found a hole just after takeoff and jumped on top, under the class-B and rode for about 75 miles. I was probably about 2000 ft AGL. later I thought I should have climbed after clearing the Class-B even if I would have had a head wind because the clouds were really low. if I would have had a problem, I would have descended into the clouds almost immediately with not much time. so, another lesson learned, if you are having too much fun you better think about it.

stopped at Rolla MO on the way. winds were high and there was a 45 knt wind shear warning out that way but I never felt it. the only thing I felt was severe turbulence if I descended 200 ft. I stayed out of it. parked 7 days on the ramp at Jabara and flew home in great weather and parked nose to nose with a North American in Danville. a maximum-security prison with an airport. Indy 500 racetrack flyby. iFLY real plan sure comes in handy in finding the fastest route and cheapest fuel, $5 in Danville.

inspected my elevator hinge rivets in Danville on the ramp with natural light. perhaps a small crack but on the wrong side of the rivet to be typical. need to investigate further. other than that, no aircraft squawks. up to 65 hours on my oil. cleaned my oil fill threads.... make it shine!

RVs sure make it easy to get around the country.

the Kansas chocks did not allow the plane to move even an inch during a 7 day stay.

Steve Melton
N531EM, RV9A, Superior O-320, WW 200RV prop, Slick mags, CHT 330F, EGT 1300F, B&C, 1200+ hours
Freedom and Democracy are all that really matter.
Ride a bike, unlock the world.
https://www.rvplasticparts.com/
https://www.gpsdock1.com/